Weekly Wrap-up #59
This has been quite the week. I’ve introduced two new features into the game: Scroll Crafting and Loot Chests; you can read more about both below.
Along with that I’ve also done a lot of polishing in several area’s as I hadn’t revisited them in a while and figured it was time to give them a quick review.
Some of the more major changes this week:
- Spent some time this week making the UI components for smaller screen’s a bit larger. I was able to find a better “Standard” resolution to use for these screen’s which allowed me to make the dialog’s larger and provide more details.
- Added scroll crafting! See article below for details.
- Created support for chest looting. The generation of what is in each chest is also being driven by decision tree’s to allow us to query what might be the best (or worse if we want) loot to offer the player at the time of looting.
Bugs & Minor Changes
- [UPDATE] Updated conversation injector to include orbs & scrolls.
- [UPDATE] Added event action to allow for updating player inventory.
- [UPDATE] Decided to always show the select profile button even if there is only one profile. This way players can know about profile creation sooner.
- [UPDATE] Added “click to finish” on progressive conversation windows for when you want it to finish sooner.
- [UPDATE] Added “continue talking” button to end of conversations to allow the NPC to continue talking without the player actually giving them a response. This is exactly the same as “auto continue” except that we wait for the user to click the “continue” button instead.
- [UPDATE] Updated the Earth Mage decision tree to use all the spells within her proper levels (up to level 12 for now).
- [UPDATE] Made some adjustments to the targeting window to make (what I think) is a better target selection feel by auto-selecting groups/all using a better algorithm.
- [BUG] Save/Load didn’t keep track of current HP/MP.
- [BUG] When reloading the same game save file, the data was being cleaned incorrectly causing loss of information.
- [BUG] Made another attempt at removing the titles of dead monsters. This keeps sneaking back up, but I believe I’ve got it this time !
- [BUG] When using the DEFEND action, if your character didn’t have any effects to work with that used DEFEND their turn would just end immediately. You now have to choose a defense from the list and if that list does not have any, you cannot continue.
Read all about our new Scroll Crafting here!
Chests and Loot Generation