Weekly Wrap-up #32
This has been a very interesting week. After some consideration I decided that the sheer amount of configurations required to create the actual “game” is quite massive. Although typically I’m used to them since I’ve been staring at them a long time, my future design team had commented that it is quite overwhelming.
Thus, this week I dived heavily into proof of concept and prototyping of a designer tool that will allow users to create various parts of the game directly through an interface instead of staring at JSON files all day.
The prototype is going well although I’ve realized this week just how much data there actually is required and placing it all into a visual aspect is proving to be challenging. I believe I’m going to need a couple more weeks before it will become usable enough (and trustworthy) to start building the actual game parts from.
Although this will be a rather long sidetrack, I believe in the long term it will be work the effort as it should save a substantial amount of time during game content creation.
There have been too many changes to the code for the designer right now to both putting things down into list form, but hopefully by next week I’ll have it a bit more stable and can start listing feature additions as they come in.
For now though, here’s a quick peek at the very, very rough prototype showing a basic decision tree data reading: