Weekly Wrap-up #29

This was my first week back to work after vacation, but they didn’t really have much for me to do, so instead I got some more things accomplished in my game !

Here’s another list of things I worked on this week:

  • Implemented map lighting into the configurations. We can now mark places on the map in Tiled and then configure light sources to be assigned to those location.
  • I spent a little bit of time learning how to setup the basic tile animating through Tiled/LibGDX; looks pretty good. I might make something for fancier animations later (non-tiled one’s), but for now this fits most needs.
  • Added in some very basic sound effects to test sound implementation. Right now it’s just swing/hurt/death with different sounds, but the framework is all in place for additional work when required.
  • Revisited animation speeds again on smaller devices. Made some adjustments that seems to have improved things a bit on those devices.
  • Made some adjustments to the floating target selection UI so that it could be used in both small & large screens. Previously it was only allowed in large screens.
  • Made further improvements to loading screens to allow better use in future. Also improved the adventure map loading screen. It was previously showing a black screen instead of the actual loading screen for a longer period then it should have.
  • Added configurable map’s to the monster activation events allowing us to choose a randomly selected map on a per event basis from the provided list.
  • I revisited the statistics spreadsheets again this week also. Made some major improvements to it in regard to spell/weapon building and how they balance between each other.
  • Adjusted the “natural” resistance of all creatures to reduce issues caused by it being to higher at lower levels. It was (STR+AGL)/4  and is now (STR+AGL) / 10. This gives a small natural resistance, but isn’t overpowering now. You can still create monsters with much higher resistance by adjusting their abilities during level creations.
  • Came up with a preliminary plan for gold distribution and cost of goods. It’s just in math form at the moment, but seems like things should work well if using it as a guide.
  • [BUG FIX] Whenever the player changed maps, their “landing point” on the next map was not properly centering on the marked location (was going lower left). Small fix, but it was annoying me one day so I fixed it 🙂
  • [BUG FIX] I swear, this one NPC is haunting me. Once again, found a broken issue with the NPC. After talking with them the player left/right direction got swapped!
  • [BUG FIX] Last week seems I introduced a crash bug in the experience report when you gain a level. This was caused by the i18n changes having a missing reference.
  • [BUG FIX] Character experience was being saved correctly, however was not being assigned upon loading the save file.
  • [BUG FIX] Fonts for the ability status component were not being properly reload after returning to the main menu and loading a new game.
  • [BUG FIX] Found a bug in the melee attack AI. When attempting to select a target with the lowest hit points, it was not excluding deceased targets.
  • {BUG FIX] Found a bug in the “unarmed effects” (applied only when the characters have no weapons assigned). It was not apply the triggers for the effects correctly and thus not executing at all events possible.
  • [BUG FIX] Floating target window was not being correctly assigned to the side. Was using the current location of the targets instead of their “home”. Thus when they were attacking someone on the other side of the screen, the target window would end up there instead. Oops!

 

Weekly Wrap-up #28
Customizing Characters – Orbs

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published / Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.