Introducing Cut-Scene’s !
So this past week I decided to finally connect up all the little pieces I had been making that could support a cut-scene and combine them into a single configurable location.
This little video is a quick demonstration of the majority of features currently possible in cut-scene’s:
- JSON driven like the rest of the game; requiring no knowledge of the code itself.
- Story window display
- Camera scroll/pan over any map using pre-defined path
- Adding/Moving characters on the map
- Placing “bubble” text above character head
- Adding/Manipulating light sources
- Add/Remove/Swap of specific layers
- Use of sound (and music, although not in this demo)
- Opening and display of conversations using main window.
- Placement of sprite animations (firewall)
- Screen fading
If you’re interested in what the JSON code looks like, you can check it out here:
And finally, here’s the video itself. Enjoy !