Quite a bit was accomplished this week, though some of it still needs tweaking. Below is a quick breakdown of what’s been going on.
Major events this week include:
- Rebuild of targeting interface to allow selections placed directly upon characters.
- Created a new video showing off the targeting changes.
- Rebuild of the JIRA defect tracking system.
- Implemented a Jenkins build server that can now produce daily testing builds.
- updated some parts of the code to allow for better “non-developer” testing and manipulation of the game during startup, including being able to edit all the assets/configurations.
Things on the immediate scope for this week:
- The new targeting system seems to have a similar “too small” feel to it like the UI back/close/accept buttons making them difficult to “click” on Android devices. Will spend some time this week working out a good solution for this.
- Some parts of the new targeting haven’t been completed, so will be wrapping those up also.
- Went back for a bit to revisit screen resolution support for Android. Found a slightly better method to work with them, but haven’t completed it yet.