Follow the adventures of our not-so-heroic band of misfits in their travels around the world as they get themselves into (and out of) various kinds of mischievous and sometimes idiotic adventures.
Current Phase: Private alpha testing!
I’m currently in the private alpha testing phase of “The Gathering”. If you are interested in helping out with bug finding, feedback etc, please contact me and I can help you get started.
Their first adventure: “The Gathering”
This is their first great adventure. It places our friends scattered all over the place and have not yet met each other. Our “hero” finds himself being pushed toward helping out his town, since everyone else has run away or is hiding. With nothing more than pure dumb luck at his side, he decides to accept the quest and heads out into the world !
This is a complete mini-adventure containing about 2 hours worth of game play and comes to a conclusion after fighting the “final boss” at the end. You can rush to the end and get there sooner, but will likely find the fight difficult if not around level 8+ by the time you get there.
The adventure contains a single home town, forest and two interconnected caves. Each new map you visit introduces some new monsters, each being a bit tougher than the one’s prior.
The forest and first cave maps each have 15 chests hidden within them giving you all kinds of free loot! The second cave contains a small puzzle to solve and then finally the “final boss”. You can find a Vendor and Inn within the town where you can buy supplies and rest any time needed.
Here are some of the key features currently available. Most of these will be expanded upon after “The Gathering” is released and I start working on the larger “epic” adventure that is being planned next.
- 6 playable characters with 6 more planned in the near future.
- Currently there are 10 levels of equipment, weapons, items, orbs and spells available to play and the planned cap will be level 50.
- Currently there are 10 various types of monsters for you to defeat in the mini-adventure. (not including the 50 “little animals” wandering around the world map). There is planned to be over 70 different monsters in total.
- Currently there are 20 different spells available with tons more planned out.
- Currently each character has one special attack available at level 4. There are many more being planned out for additional levels.
- Defensive options can be used during combat also. Some characters also have custom one’s.
- Quest journal allowing you to keep track of where you’ve been and where to go next.
- Random and Strategic monster encounters.
- Mana regeneration. It will regenerate at a rate based upon remaining Mana; the lower your remaining Mana, the slower it will regenerate. So, if you don’t manage it properly, you might have to wait for it to regenerate over several turns!
- You are able to save the game anytime you’re not in combat; allowing you to play as little or as long as you wish and pick up exactly where you left off.
- Multiple profiles. Shared computer/device? You don’t have to worry about that “other person” using your save file by accident; give them their own profile separate from your own.
- Orb crafting allowing you to customize your characters statistics.
- Scroll crafting allowing you to customize your character spell books.
- Customized “quick access” window that allows you to set up any of your favorite items (potions etc) for easier access to them. This helps you spending time looking through your pack for these over and over again.
- Turn-based combat system with two style options (active and strict turned based)
- Strict: Each character/monster will take their turns one at a time.
- Active: Any time a character/monster is ready/able to take a turn, they will.
- Multiple adventure support will allow us to create as many mini/main/side adventures as we want in the future.
- Currently you are able to use our small “save service” to allow you to share game files across multiple devices. This will likely be replaced with the GameJolt API in the longer term.
Some techy stuff
Mischieviots is a hobbyist Turn-Based 2D RPG project I’ve been working on for over two years. The majority of that time was spent building the “engine” for it and has been written to allow future adventures to be created without too much additional coding effort and potentially allow for future player modding. In the last few months I turned focus onto making this first mini-adventure to show off all the major parts of the engine.
It is written in Java using LibGDX and will be made available on Desktop (hopefully any OS capable of running Java), Android and in the future there are plans to support iOS devices also.
Also, don’t skip out on checking out our Gallery or our demo videos !